What is an Estate Plan?
A comprehensive estate plan is a series of documents that can allow you to control decisions in several areas, including your assets, your health, minors or special needs children. It typically includes a Last Will and Testament, one or more durable powers of attorney, and documents that will guide your health care decisions in the event you are unable to do so. Problems can occur when an estate plan is put together in a piecemeal fashion, without proper coordination and planning.
When you schedule an estate planning session, an experienced estate planning attorney from the Business Law Group will personally meet with to discuss your situation and desires, and will then present the various planning options available to accomplish your goals.
Why Do I Need an Estate Planning Attorney?
Estate planning documents are not something that you should trust to a form found on the Internet or at an office supply store.
Whether you are looking for a simple Last Will and Testament, a trust, a living will or durable medical power of attorney, or a comprehensive estate plan with complex tax planning, the Business Law Group can help you evaluate your intentions, concerns, and goals and create an estate plan that is tailored to your specific needs and desires. Whether you have significant assets to manage and protect, or simply want to make sure your children are taken care of, it is important to have all of your concerns evaluated by a Colorado Springs estate planning attorney to eliminate uncertainty with regard to your wishes.
Of course, if you already have an estate plan in place, and simply need to update certain documents, the Business Law Group is able to help you with those changes as well.
Fixed Fee Options*
- Estate Plan Package (Last Will and Testament, General Durable POA for Property, Durable POA for Health Care Decisions, Living Will) – $1,800
- Mirror Documents for Spouse – $750
- Last Will and Testament (simple) – $1,000
- Last Will and Testament (complex) – $1,500 – $3,500
- Living Trust with Pour-Over Will – $2,500
- General Durable Power of Attorney for Property – $550
- Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decision – $550
- Living Will – $550
- Special Power of Attorney for Child Care – $550
*In addition to the legal fees set forth above, the Client is responsible for all filing fees, court costs, and expenses. Please refer to our Fixed Legal Fees page for additional information and requirements.
Trust Our Estate Planning Experience
The Colorado Springs estate planning attorneys of the Business Law Group have extensive practical experience with the following estate planning options and matters:
Last Will and Testament
- Simple wills
- Complex wills
- Pour-over wills with an associated trust
Trusts (drafting and administering)
- Revocable living trusts
- Irrevocable trusts
- Marital trusts
- Special needs trusts
- Insurance trusts
- Gun trusts
Powers of Attorney
- Drafting financial powers of attorney
- Drafting medical powers of attorney, and Living Wills
Financial Estate Planning Tools
- Beneficiary Designation
- Structuring joint ownership of assets
- Utilizing business organizations in planning (LLCs, partnerships, family limited partnership, succession planning, buy-sell agreements and voting trusts)
Tax Planning and Distributions Among Heirs
- Tax planning to reduce, eliminate, or plan for tax liabilities
- Legacy planning
- Lifetime gifting
- Life Estates
- Managing or minimizing lawsuits amongst heirs
Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Personal incapacity
- Minor children
- Special needs or disabled adult children