Brad S. Monson, Esq.
Brad’s practice is focused on assisting individuals and small businesses with all manner of business and tax and transactional planning, and resolving state and federal tax disputes.
Brad is an experienced and highly educated tax professional, capable of providing the highest level of tax and business law advice, combined with common sense and practical insight.
Practice Focus Areas
- Tax Resolution and Collections
- Defending Tax Audits
- Business Litigation
- Corporate and Business Organization and Governance
- Nonprofit and 501(c)(3) Organizations
Representative Matters and Experience
- Successfully prepared an Offer in Compromise for taxpayer with approximately $760,000 in income tax liabilities
- Assisted business in becoming compliant with missing tax filings and negotiated an installment agreement for approximately $88,000 in outstanding tax liabilities
- Resolved a proposed $100,000 tax liability for a decedent’s estate for less than $2,500, saving the client almost $98,000 in tax liabilities
- Represented taxpayers in IRS appeals for reconsideration to resolve approximately $72,000 in tax liabilities
- negotiated an installment agreement with the IRS on over $50,000 of tax liabilities, while avoiding a federal tax lien
- Negotiated a tax penalty abatement of over $8,000 on taxpayer’s personal tax liabilities
- Successfully removed a proposed tax and penalty of over $20,000
- Brigham Young University, Juris Doctor, cum laude, with honors, 2010
Editor on BYU Law Review
- Mariott School of Management, Brigham Young University, M.A. in Accountancy, 2010
- Brigham Young University, B.A. in Accountancy, 2007
Relevant Legal Experience
- Senior tax associate in the Denver office of a “Big Four” accounting firm, where he advised on corporate tax matters 2011-2013
- Attorney with a tax and business law firm in Nevada, 2013-2014
- Intern with the Office of Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service, 2008
Outside of the office, Brad enjoys spending time with his wife and children, and playing the drums, guitar, piano, and basketball. He is an Eagle Scout, and has served in various capacities with the Boy Scouts of America, including Varsity Scout Coach.
- Nevada (inactive)
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Claims